Thursday, June 19, 2008

Keys To An Achievable Outcome

What do YOU exactly WANT?
  • wPick one goal if you have several goals. Every goal is connected. Which goal when attained will have the largest influence on all the rest?
  • wMake sure your goal is stated in terms of what you want and not what you don’t want. Eg. “I don’t want to talk to fast during my presentation” should be phrased as “I want my voice to be firm and clear, with full control to adjust, whenever I want it”
Can You Achieve This Goal Your Self?
  • wMake sure your goal is stated in a way that you can get it your self, leaving no room for blaming other people or circumstance.
  • wEg. “I want to stop panicking when the audience don’t respond to me” We have no control over them do we? You want to write it as, “I will remain in a clam and resourceful state when the audience don’t respond and objectively use other well thought of question to induce their involvement with me”

How will You Know That You Have Achieve Your GOAL?
  • wImagine achieving your goal now, what will you see, hear or feel? Put yourself into the future and fully experience it. Our mind cannot tell the different between what is vividly imagined and what is real. What you can see, hear or feel determines what is real. So state your goal in sensory specific details.
  • wEg. “I know I’ve achieved my goal when I feel confident” its not sensory specific. The right evidence is “When I see client asking me an appointment after my presentation and I hear myself answering all the question in a clam and firm voice. I an see the room being filled with lively talking excitingly among themselves about my talk”

Where, When & With Whom Do you Want It?
  • Under what situation do you want to use this outcome? Do you want this outcome all the time? With whom do you want it? When do you what this outcome materialize?
  • wEg. “When I see myself in a conference or seminar room, I will walk tall and project my voice with calmness and clarity. I am confident, for I have studied all the necessary information and arranged all the presentation materials”
What Stops You From Already Having Your Goal?
  • wEg. “Setting out all the right amount if time to prepare all the necessary arrangements and rehearse my presentation.” Or “I have limited belief about my ability to control my fear.”
  • Knowing what usually stops you from achieving your goal helps you formulate strategies to overcome it and become aware of those potholes.
What Resources Do you Have With You Right Now? OR What Resource Do you Need?
  • wFind existing resources – “I can make fill use of the experiences from my past presentation. And I already know what mistake to avoid and what important points to emphasize. I can learn from John who has years of experience in this sort of presentation.
  • Additional resource – “I need to find ways to have full control of my voice and build a solid belief that I’ve got what it takes to succeed.” I want to join the Trainer’s Course to learn advance skills and create opportunities for me to practice until I master it.”
What Will You Gain OR Lose By Achieving This Goal?
  • Will you lose anything that you now have by achieving this goal? This means thinking about your goal in a holistic sense, including it’s effect on your other goals, other area of your life and how it might affect other people you care for.

  • wEg. “Am I ready for a promotion as I become a competent presenter?” “How will my success affect my current working buddies?” “I will need to spend more time on this endeavor, which means lesser time for myself and my family, am I prepared for it?”
What & When Is Your First Step In Getting This Goal Into Motion?
  • Knowing what to do is not as important as doing what you know.
  • wBreaking my goal down to manageable steps and take action now.
  • wWhat can I do NOW (on top of what you have already done) to bring yourself one step closer to your goal?
  • wWhat can I do NOW (on top of what you have already done) to bring yourself one step closer to your goal?

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Sean Toh said...

Hi Halim,

It's my honor and pleasure being invited into your network. I believe we could learn a lot from each other and leverage on each other networks. Feel free to drop me a line and talk to me about your possible ideas to turn them into realization. Keep in touch and thanks for the invitation.

Yours Sincerely
Sean Toh
Author of “4 Steps To Financial Freedom”
Personal Banker
http://seantoh.mymangosteen.com/
http://www.creditplushealth.discovermangosteen.com/
http://seantoh.com/
http://creditplushealth.org/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix